Thanks to WVNY 22 and Fox 44 for the interview this morning, it was a great experience, and always glad to chat with fellow Blackhawks fans, like Mike.
After the WVNY 22 and Fox 44 interview, I made a morning stop at the Dunkin Donuts on Pearl Street, hoping to meet with fellow Burlington voters. Sat down and recorded my responses to the proposed ballot questions 3 to 8.
Here is a transcript of Loyal’s answers:
- Ballot item 3: Use of Burlington credit for public improvements in downtown
My answer to that is no. I do not want to mortgage our future, I believe we already have the funds available currently in city hall.
- Ballot item 4: Charter Change concerning reserve funds
I would vote no on that, as I believe the department heads should work within their budget, and the creation of a slush fund is unnecessary.
- Ballot item 5: Allow non citizens of Burlington to serve on city board or department heads
Yes. I believe the mayor should hire the best qualified person.
- Ballot item 6: Allow non US Citizens right to vote
Yes. As a taxpayers, they should have a right to vote.
- Ballot item 7: Charter change to make board terms for 3 years
Yes, I do agree with that. I am currently serving on the housing board, and serving a five year term which I believe may be a hindrance to other citizens.
- Ballot item 8: remove political affiliation for certain boards
I do not support that. If this is removed, a board may become dominated by a single party.
If there’s a question you have for me, you can reach me at:
Phone (802) 310-1997
Email: [email protected]